Try this delicious twist on traditional waffles courtesy of Executive Chef Nicolas Petitjean from Headwaters Restaurant at Millcroft Inn & Spa. Duck confit is the star of this recipe and when combined with a crispy yet fluffy green pea waffle, a poached egg, and a sweet maple butter it becomes an unforgettable dish. Enjoy this scrumptious meal with a nice glass of Pinot Noir.
Green Pea Waffle with Duck Confit, Poached Egg, Maple Butter, and Micro Greens
Compliments of Executive Chef Nicolas Petitjean from Headwaters Restaurant at Millcroft Inn & Spa.
Serves 4 people
Ingredients for Poached Egg:
100g white distilled vinegar
- In a pot boil water with distilled white vinegar. Break eggs and cook in the water for 3 minutes.
Ingredients for Green Pea Waffle:
250 g Flour
15 g White sugar
5 g Baking powder
3 g Salt
250 g Milk
100 g Butter melted
75 g Green pea purée
- Boil water and place the frozen green peas in the pot. Transfer to a blender and blend until smooth.
- In a mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients together, whisk in milk, and the egg. Add melted butter and finish with pea purée.
- In a waffle iron, cook the waffle for 4 minutes and 30 seconds.
Ingredients for Duck Leg Confit:
2 Duck leg
200 g Kosher salt
20 g White sugar
1 Bay leaf
5 g Black peppercorn
1 Thyme sprig
1L Canola or vegetable oil
- Cure the duck leg for 2 hours, rinse under cold water then pat dry.
- Place the duck legs in a container that can go into an oven then pour over oil.
- Bake at 300˚F for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Take out the leg, remove the bone and cut the meat in half horizontally.
Ingredients for Maple Butter:
60 g butter
10 g maple syrup
In a mixing bowl, combine soft butter and maple syrup.
Plate dish as illustrated in the photo.
Discover our Restaurants and Menus
Wine, dine, and indulge in unforgettable cuisine at your favourite Vintage Hotel