This January we’re celebrating Niagara’s world-renowned Icewine grape harvest season. This luscious, intensely flavoured wine will be honoured at our local wineries and during events like the Icewine Village in Niagara-on-the-Lake.
To celebrate Icewine season we’ve asked the teams at Cannery Restaurant at Pillar and Post and Tiara Restaurant at Queen’s Landing to create cocktail recipes that you can make and enjoy at home. If Icewine is not your thing, Noble Restaurant at Prince of Wales, has created a lovely winter cocktail that is sure to warm you up! All recipes compliments of our Food & Beverage teams.
Black Forest Manhattan
Inspired by the decadently boozy cherry-and-chocolate German Black Forest Cake, this sweet take on the classic Manhattan includes Inniskillin Icewine.
1.5 oz Bourbon
1 oz Inniskillin Icewine
1 oz Crème de Cacao
1 oz Cherry brandy
2 dashes of Bitters
- Add all ingredients into a shaker.
- Shake for 10 – 12 seconds.
- Serve in a chilled coupe glass.
- Garnish with a cherry.
Fire & Ice Cocktail
The perfect Icewine infused cocktail? Enjoy it in The Gardens while indulging in a Fire & Ice Getaway this winter.
½ oz fresh Lime juice
½ oz Cabernet Franc Icewine (Vidal also works)
2 oz Cabernet Franc wine
- Add all ingredients (except ginger beer) to a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake until well chilled (30 – 40 seconds).
- Strain over fresh ice into a highball glass.
- Top with ginger beer and garnish with lemon and orange.
Butter Pecan Espresso Martini
Warm up to winter with this delightful Butter Pecan Espresso Martini made with Gretzky butter pecan cream and freshly brewed Nespresso.
1 ½ oz Gretzky Butter Pecan Cream
½ oz Gretzky Ice Cask Whiskey
Freshly brewed Nespresso
3 Espresso beans for garnish
- Place all ingredients in a shaker with ice.
- Pour into a martini glass.
- Garnish with 3 espresso beans on top.
Discover our Restaurants and Menus
Wine, dine, and indulge in unforgettable cuisine at your favourite Vintage Hotel