Frequently Asked Questions
- How far in advance can I reserve my date?
We can book your dream wedding as far out as three years, or longer if you want.
- What are the rates for different days of the week and times (Friday, Saturday, Sunday; morning, afternoon, evening)?
The private spaces that we offer to our couples at our Hotels have a minimum spend based on the ballroom size that you choose. The minimum spend will change when comparing a Friday or Sunday night wedding, to a Sunday brunch wedding, to a Saturday night summer wedding.
- What about different seasons?
Winter weddings also have different minimum spends based on the ballroom size. Winter Weddings are offered between November 1st and April 30th each year.
- How many hours are included in the rental of the space?
We reserve the ballroom from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. for a morning or afternoon event. Then from 4:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m. for an evening event. We recommend the first two hours of your rental as set up time. For example: cocktails will begin at 6:00 p.m.
- How early can we arrive, and how late can we stay?
We start our events at 6 p.m. and will turn on the lights for the end of the party at 1 a.m.
- How much is the deposit?
Deposit is non-refundable at time of booking. Please contact our Wedding Sales Team to review the cost.
- How do you structure the payment schedule?
Per your contract if you are booking more than 180 days out there is a deposit at the time of booking. At 120 days prior to your event 50% is due, at 60 days prior to your event 25% due and 10 days prior to the wedding the remaining balance is due based on final numbers for our Team.
- What is included in the total? Does it cover service charges, gratuity, and cleaning fees, or are those additional line items?
Includes china, silverware, stemware, table linens, table napkins, dance floor, podium and mic depending on the size of the wedding, extra tables for cake and receiving line, round tables, banquet chairs. SOCAN fee which is a licensing fee for organizations to use any type of music during your wedding is not included. Cutting of the cake is not included unless included in a package. Tax which is 13% currently and a 15% gratuity is not included.
- What is the cancellation policy?
Please contact our Wedding Sales Team to review the terms of our cancellation policy.
- When is the last possible date to make changes to our reservation?
Guest room reservations can be cancelled up to 14 days prior to their wedding reservation.
- Do you have a list of approved or recommended vendors we can use?
Yes we have many wonderful local vendors we recommend.
- Do we have to use your approved vendors? If not, are there limitations or guidelines we need to meet when bringing others in?
You are welcome to use your own vendors. If you are attaching florals and décor to our walls or ceiling we do require you to use our in house florist, Clipping’s Floral Design. If you are bringing in another vendor to the Hotel please have the vendor introduce themselves to the Hotel’s Special Events Manager prior to the wedding to discuss our rules and guidelines (for example, where to enter and exit, where to set up, park, etc.).
- Is the site accessible?
All sites are accessible with the exception of the Water View Garden at Queen’s Landing. This garden ceremony site requires access by a stone staircase.
- Are there noise restrictions?
Yes, on the contract you will find your band or DJ will need to lower the level of decibels at 11:00 p.m.
- Is parking available on-site? How much space is there? Will guests be charged for parking?
Yes, parking is available complimentary on-site for your wedding guests.
- What is the venue’s capacity?
Depending on the room that best suits you, we have private rooms available for a wedding of 6 to 300 guests between our three Niagara-on-the-Lake hotels. We can even offer an elopement for 2.
- Do you have your own sound equipment and speakers, or will those need to be rented or provided by the entertainment?
We have in house sound systems for speeches, but not for the band or the DJ. Your entertainer will need to provide their own equipment and extension cords.
- What is the backup plan for rain or inclement weather?
We only offer wedding receptions that are indoor ballrooms, we offer a rain back up room for ceremonies if the ceremony booked is to be held in the gardens.
- Are there any décor restrictions?
Yes, candles must be in a votive. If you are attaching florals and décor to our walls or ceiling we do require you to use our in house Florist, Clipping’s Floral Design to see if it can be done and what the cost will be.
- Will your staff be involved in setting up and breaking down the décor? In what capacity?
Our staff will set up and tear down property of Vintage Hotels. Any décor provided by a third party, for example a linen or chair company will set up and come back to teardown their set up.
- Do you have an in-house caterer? If so, are food and beverages included in the venue rental fee?
We have an amazing in-house Chef and culinary team at each Hotel. We do not allow outside catering. We do not have a rental fee for our receptions; we have a food and beverage minimum spend.
- Do you have a food and beverage minimum? What are the consequences if we don’t meet it?
Yes, each space/room has a minimum food and beverage spend. You are required to pay the difference between the total cost of the food and beverage ordered and the minimum spend plus taxes and gratuity. Please contact our Wedding Sales Team for information on food and beverage minimums.
- Do we have to purchase liquor through you, or can we source liquor elsewhere?
All beverages will be provided by Vintage Hotels. If the couple want to have a drink that is not on our current list we can order it in if the client approves of the additional cost.
- Who will be our point person as we plan our wedding? Who will be our point person on our wedding day?
When you come into Vintage Hotels for your tour you will meet a Wedding Sales Manager who will answer all your questions about your dream wedding day, once you sign your contract the couples’ file will go to the Hotel that will be hosting the wedding. We have a dedicated Special Events Manager that is included with your wedding at each Hotel, they will help you detail your wedding and will be there the day of your wedding.
Start Planning Your Dream Wedding
Now that you’ve said “Yes!” allow us to do the rest. Our team of professional planners make your dream wedding a reality.