Fresh, satisfying and delicious, rustic crostini with heirloom tomatoes is the ultimate summer appetizer. Heirloom tomatoes are the best tomatoes to use in this recipe compliments of Executive Chef Chris Smythe from Noble Restaurant at Prince of Wales. To pick the perfect tomatoes, inspect the skin to ensure its firm and tight. The tomato should feel heavy and have no signs of bruises. Sometimes the simplest recipes are the tastiest!
Rustic Crostini with Heirloom Tomato Relish & Sweet Basil Oil
Serves 4 people
4 Heirloom tomatoes
6 oz Good olive oil
1 Tsp Maldon sea salt
Fresh black pepper
1 oz Red wine vinegar
1 Bunch of basil
6 oz Shredded pecorino cheese
- Process the basil with the olive oil.
- Slice the baguette and toast lightly
- Dice the tomatoes and toss in with vinegar and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Lay out the crostini and spoon a nice amount of the marinated tomatoes onto the bread
- Finish with the basil oil, salt, pepper and pecorino cheese.
Discover our Restaurants and Menus
Wine, dine, and indulge in unforgettable cuisine at your favourite Vintage Hotel