This rich, cheesy risotto highlights the delicate flavor of peas and is perfectly accompanied by Lake Erie pickerel and snap pea shoots. A truly delicious meal that celebrates the Fall season! Recipe compliments of Executive Chef Sean Chaudier from Tiara Restaurant at Queen’s Landing.
Pea Risotto & Pickerel
Serves 1 portion
Ingredients for Pea Risotto:
15 g Shallot
10 g Garlic
5 tbsp Olive oil
125 g Arborio rice (raw)
500 ml Vegetable stock
50 g Butter (diced)
50 g Parmesan cheese
3 tbsp Pea purée
30 g Snap Pea
Salt to taste
- Sauté garlic purée and shallots in the oil.
- Add the Arborio rice and vegetable stock, and cook for about 20 minutes until the risotto is cooked.
- Add butter and parmesan cheese until the texture becomes creamy to finish.
- Add pea purée and fresh peas.
- Season to taste.
Ingredients for Pickerel, Potatoes & Seasonal Vegetables:
6 oz Lake Erie pickerel
3 tbsp Celeriac purée
4 pieces Confit fingerling potato
30 g Snap pea
50 g Vegetables
2 Tbsp Blood orange beurre blanc
- Cook the pickerel on medium high heat for roughly 3 minutes per side in a pan.
- Celeriac purée cooked sous vide with butter, lemon juice, and salt for around 55 minutes at 285˚F.
- Have the seasonal vegetables roasted, blanched in water and sautéed with butter, thyme, oil, and salt.
- Confit the fingerling potatoes in oil with herbs (thyme, rosemary, bay leaves) for 1 hour at 325˚F.
Ingredients for Blood Orange Beurre Blanc:
½ L Blood orange juice
½ L Sugar
½ L White wine vinegar
½ L Water
½ lb Butter
- Place blood orange juice with white wine vinegar, sugar, and water in a pot reduced by 3/4 until there is a syrup taste.
- Add butter cubes slowly to the reduction while whisking until creamy or desired texture is reached.
- Season with salt to taste.
Discover our Restaurants and Menus
Wine, dine, and indulge in unforgettable cuisine at your favourite Vintage Hotel