Celebrate Canada’s liquid gold with this Icewine Poached Chioggia Beet Tart recipe courtesy of Executive Chef Chris Smythe at Noble Restaurant.
Chioggia Beets are sweeter, milder and more peppery than the typical red beets, and pair very well together with the goat cheese and Icewine. Known for their vibrant deep pink and white stripes that resemble a candy cane when sliced, the Chioggia beet adds a beautiful pop of color to the tart.
Icewine Poached Chioggia Beet Tart
Serves 6 people
6 Unsweetened 4 inch tart shells
1 cup Soft goat cheese
1 lb Candy stripped beets (roast until soft)
6 oz Icewine
1/8 bunch Thyme leaves
1 bunch Watercress
- Bake the tart shells until they are light brown in color.
- Let cool then add the soft goat cheese to them.
- Peel the roast beets and slice.
- Simmer the icewine and thyme leaves then add to the sliced beets in a bowl.
- Let stand for 30 minutes and finish the tarts with a couple sliced beets and a few watercress leaves.
Discover our Restaurants and Menus
Wine, dine, and indulge in unforgettable cuisine at your favourite Vintage Hotel