This pork tenderloin recipe combines the rich flavours of pistachios with whisky and apple butter to create a spectacular dish perfect for impressing all those that attend your Holiday gathering. The pistachio crusted pork is then paired with a sweet and savory side of sweet potato purée and parsnip cardamom chutney. This recipe is courtesy of Executive Chef Chris Smythe from Noble Restaurant at Prince of Wales.
Pistachio Crusted Pork Tenderloin with Parsnip Cardamom Chutney, Sweet Potato Purée & Whisky Spiked Apple Butter
Serves 6 people
1 cup Ground pistachios
1 oz Canola oil
2 lb Pork tenderloin
1 lb Parsnips (small dice)
1 small Onion (small dice)
2 oz Butter
1 tsp Cardamom
Pinch of chilies
2 oz Brown sugar
2 oz Cider vinegar
1 lb Sweet potato (peeled and diced)
Pinch of allspice
2 oz Canadian whisky
6 oz Apple butter
Salt and pepper
Method for Bisque:
- Clean and portion the pork into six sections then season with salt and pepper, add the canola oil to the sauté pan and sear until evenly browned on all sides.
- Finish the pork in the oven at 375˚F for 8 to10 minutes. Let the pork rest for 10 minutes.
- In a sauté pan add the butter, parsnips and onions then sweat until they are soft, add the chilies, ground cardamom, brown sugar and cider vinegar, and cook through for about five minutes.
- In boiling water, add the sweet potatoes and cook until they become soft, purée, then add the butter, salt, pepper and allspice.
- Blend the whiskey with the apple butter and smear onto the rested pork tenderloin, roll the pork in the ground pistachios and back into the oven for 3 minutes at 400˚F.
- Plate a spoonful of sweet potato purée, some parsnip chutney and finish with the pork tenderloin.
Discover our Restaurants and Menus
Wine, dine, and indulge in unforgettable cuisine at your favourite Vintage Hotel