Impress your Valentine this year and serve Oysters Rockefeller paired with a beautiful bottle of Chardonnay, using this recipe courtesy of Executive Chef Mark Longster from Cannery Restaurant at Pillar & Post. Oysters Rockefeller consists of oysters on the half-shell that have been topped with a rich sauce of butter, baby spinach and cheese and then baked. Its so simple to prepare but so impressive! It’s a perfect appetizer for your Valentine’s Day.
Serves 6 people
1 Medium onion, finely chopped
½ cup of Butter, cubed
9 oz Fresh baby spinach, chopped
1 cup of Grated Romano cheese
1 tbsp of Lemon juice
1/8 tsp of Ground black pepper
3 Dozen fresh, washed, oysters
2 lb Kosher salt
- In a large skillet, sauté the onions in butter until tender. Add the Spinach, cook and stir until wilted.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cheese, lemon juice and pepper.
- Spread the kosher salt onto 2 ungreased 15 x 10 inch baking pans.
- Shuck the oysters, reserving its natural liquid in the bottom of the shell.
- Lightly press the oyster shells into the salt to keep them level.
- Top each with 2.5 teaspoon of the spinach mixture.
- Bake at 450˚F, until the oysters are plump, 6 – 8 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Any Chardonnay, would pair nicely.
Discover our Restaurants and Menus
Wine, dine, and indulge in unforgettable cuisine at your favourite Vintage Hotel