This recipe, courtesy of Executive Chef Nicolas Petitjean from Headwaters Restaurant at Millcroft Inn & Spa, is an elegant dish sure to impress your dinner guests. Escabeche is a popular Mediterranean dish with Spanish origins, it is light and full of flavour and here is it is made with Seabream, white wine, white wine vinegar and spices. Serve this elevated dish with brussels sprouts, sweet potato and a flavourful chili sauce.
This appetizer is currently featured on the Headwaters Restaurant menu. We invite you to dine and try it for yourselves.
Seabream Escabeche with Brussels Sprouts, Sweet Potato and Chili Sauce
Serves 4 people
Ingredients for the Escabeche:
4 Seabream fillets
1 L White wine
100 g White wine vinegar
50 g Baby carrots
50 g Onion
2 springs Thyme
1 Bay leaf
7 g Black peppercorn
3 cloves Garlic
- When preparing the Seabream, ensure that there are no bones and no scales.
- Peel and slice the onion thinly.
- Peel and chop the baby carrots in a coin cut.
- In a medium pot, bring all ingredients to a boil and pour over the Seabream fillet.
- Cover and let it cool down at room temperature.
Ingredients for the Brussels Sprouts & Sweet Potato:
250 g Sweet potato
4 Brussels sprouts
150 g White wine vinegar
100 g White wine
20 g Sugar
20 g Salt
- In a medium pot, boil the white wine, white wine vinegar, salt and sugar.
- Cut brussels sprouts in half and pour the mixture into jars. Let brussels sprouts pickle for 1 day.
- Peel and cut the sweet potato into a rectangle, 2 inches lengthwise by 1 inch wide, and half an inch thick.
- Season the sweet potatoes with salt and olive oil, and bake at 350˚F for 15 minutes.
Ingredients for the Chili Sauce:
200 g Coconut milk
20 g Maple syrup
10 g Red wine vinegar
7 g Red chili
60 g Roasted red pepper
7 g Kosher salt
Blend all the above ingredients together.
Discover our Restaurants and Menus
Wine, dine, and indulge in unforgettable cuisine at your favourite Vintage Hotel