This pound cake combines a taste of sweet from the strawberries with tangy lemon to make the most delicious dessert. Tender and juicy strawberries are baked right into this lighter pound cake which is made without butter, and uses Greek yogurt instead. We love this dessert for summer celebrations, breakfasts, brunch, snacking or tea time compliments of Pastry Chef Clyde Pereira from Inn On The Twenty Restaurant at Inn On The Twenty.
Yogurt Strawberry Pound Cake
Yields 8 – 10 servings
195 g All-purpose flour
4 g Baking powder
Zest of 1 lemon
Pinch of salt
200 g Sugar
185 g Greek yogurt
112 g Oil
100 g Strawberries, chopped
- In a bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix lemon zest with sugar until sugar is moist and the zest has released its oils.
- Mix lemon sugar with yogurt, oil and eggs until combined.
- Add dry to wet and fold until just combined.
- Add chopped strawberries and lightly mix.
- Grease small loaf pans or cupcake molds and pour batter into molds.
- Bake in 325˚F oven for 15 minutes until a skewer inserted in them comes out clean.
- Top with whipped cream and chopped strawberries.
- Cake can be made ahead of time and frozen.
- Substitute other berries for a different flavour.
Discover our Restaurants and Menus
Wine, dine, and indulge in unforgettable cuisine at your favourite Vintage Hotel