A warm cup of tea, freshly baked strawberry scones and all of mom’s favourite people, the perfect Mother’s Day morning! Treat mom to a homemade gift and quality time and make this scone recipe compliments of Pastry Chef Clyde Pereira from Inn On The Twenty Restaurant at Inn On The Twenty.
The scones are bursting with fresh strawberries and sweet white chocolate chips and are even better when served with whip cream or a local strawberry jam!
Yields 8 servings
2 cup All-purpose flour
2 tbsp Sugar
2 tsp Baking powder
½ tsp Salt
6 tbsp Cold butter
1 cup Strawberries, chopped
½ cup White chocolate chips
¼ cup Milk
½ tsp Vanilla
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Grate or cut the butter into small chunks and add to the flour mixture.
- Use your hands to work the butter into the flour until a crumble like texture is achieved.
- Mix your eggs, milk and vanilla and add to your dry mixture.
- Mix until it is just combined and no flour mix remains.
- Add in chocolate chips and strawberries and mix until just incorporated.
- Roll the dough on a floured surface to 1 inch thickness and cut with a pastry cutter.
- Place scones on a parchment lined baking tray.
- Bake in a 325˚F oven until lightly golden on top (approximately 16 – 20 minutes)
- Serve scones with whipped cream and strawberry compote or jam.
- Make sure not to overmix the dough as it with turn out very dense and chewy.
- Instead of strawberries you could add any other berry or omit the berries completely.
Discover our Restaurants and Menus
Wine, dine, and indulge in unforgettable cuisine at your favourite Vintage Hotel