Mint chocolate lovers will adore these tasty Peppermint Patties, the perfect St. Patrick’s Day treat! Quick and easy to make, this take on the homemade Peppermint Patty comes compliments of Pastry Chef Clyde Pereira from Inn On The Twenty Restaurant at Inn On The Twenty.
Peppermint patties feature a creamy peppermint filling encased in a hard chocolate shell. Customize them with different colored sprinkles, white chocolate, or add coloring to the mint candy. Enjoy.
Yields 20 – 24 patties
570 g Icing sugar
Pinch of salt
40 g Butter, room temperature
2 tsp Peppermint extract
40 g Milk
300 g Chocolate
- In a mixer, combine icing sugar, salt and room temperature (softened) butter until butter is completely incorporated.
- Add peppermint extract and milk and mix together until the dough comes together.
- It will be a tough dough but will hold when you squeeze it.
- Roll the dough between 2 sheets of parchment paper and place the dough in the freezer for about an hour.
- Once the dough is firm, cut the dough with a cookie cutter into the desired shape.
- Melt the chocolate and dip the cut pieces in chocolate until completely covered.
- Let the chocolate covered patties set on a parchment lined tray.
- Decorate as need.
- Adjust the flavour of peppermint as desired.
- I prefer using coating chocolate as you don’t need to temper chocolate to coat the patties.
Discover our Restaurants and Menus
Wine, dine, and indulge in unforgettable cuisine at your favourite Vintage Hotel