Summer dinner has never been so delicious. Executive Chef Pete Tindall of Inn On The Twenty Restaurant offers his secret to enhancing a Grilled Atlantic Salmon dinner. His classic Italian gremolata garnish cuts through the richness of the Salmon making for a quick and healthy supper when served over quinoa.
Grilled Atlantic Salmon with Gremolata
Yields 4 servings
1 ½ lb Salmon fillet with skin on (or 3-4 separate salmon fillets of 6-8 oz each)
Salt and pepper
2 small Green onions, chopped (or 1 large)
1 cup Quinoa, rinsed
1 3/4 cup Water
1/2 cup Parsley, finely chopped
1 tsp Garlic, grated (about 1/2 tsp)
Zest of 1 lemon
1/4 tsp Kosher or sea salt
1/8 tsp Ground pepper
2 tsp Extra virgin olive oil
Method for Qunioa:
- Combine the quinoa and water in a medium pot.
- Bring to a boil, cover, reduce the heat, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let it sit, covered for 10 more minutes.
- Fluff with a fork. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Method for Salmon:
- Drizzle the salmon with olive oil (1-2 tsp) and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Spread chopped green onion evenly over surface. Lay salmon, skin side down, on grill.
- Pre-heat the grill to 350˚F.
- Grill the salmon for about 20 minutes. Check it after 10-15 minutes.
- To tell if the salmon is done, use an instant thermometer and if it reads 120˚F the the salmon is medium rare. The salmon will still be slightly translucent (look uncooked) on top, and a sharp knife will easily pierce the thickest part without any resistance. It will start to flake.
Method for Gremolata:
- While the salmon is grilling, combine chopped parsley, garlic, lemon zest, olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Set aside until salmon is cooked.
Plating & Serving:
- Add quinoa to the center of serving platter.
- Use a spatula to lift the salmon off to a serving platter.
- Sprinkle with gremolata.
- Drizzle with a bit more olive oil if desired.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Discover our Restaurants and Menus
Wine, dine, and indulge in unforgettable cuisine at your favourite Vintage Hotel