Holiday baking season is finally upon us and these Coconut jam cookies are a Holiday favourite from Pastry Chef Clyde Pereira at Inn On The Twenty Restaurant. A twist on the classic shortbread, these buttery delights are filled with jam and sprinkled with shredded coconut. Your cookie tray won’t be complete without them!
Coconut Jam Cookies
Yields 70 – 80 cookies
1 ½ cup Unsalted butter
1 cup Sugar
2 tsp Vanilla extract
3 ½ cup All-purpose flour
½ tsp Salt
6 oz Shredded coconut
Jam of your choice
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar until combined. Add the vanilla.
- Scoop dough with a ¾ ounce truffle scoop and roll into balls.
- Beat the egg with a little water to create an egg wash.
- Dip the balls in egg wash and roll them in the shredded coconut.
- Place onto a baking tray, evenly spaced.
- Using the back of a teaspoon or your thumb, make a small indent in the dough ball.
- Fill with the jam of your choosing.
- Bake in a 350˚F oven for 15 – 20 minutes until lightly golden.
- Cool, dust with icing sugar and enjoy.
- If after mixing the dough you find it too soft, you can wrap the dough and place it in the fridge for 30 minutes. After this you can continue with the remaining steps.
- You can replace the jam with Nutella, peanut butter or chocolate. Just follow the same steps but bake the cookies without any filling. Add the chocolate filling after they have cooled.
Discover our Restaurants and Menus
Wine, dine, and indulge in unforgettable cuisine at your favourite Vintage Hotel