A buttery golden crumble, fresh local apples and the perfect blend of spices make this seasonally inspired Apple Crumble Loaf a fall favourite recipe. Enjoy this tender loaf cake from Pastry Chef Clyde Pereira from Inn On The Twenty Restaurant for breakfast, dessert, or anytime in between!
Apple Crumble Loaf
Yields 1 large loaf
Ingredients for Loaf:
1 cup Sugar
2 cup All purpose flour
1 tbsp Baking powder
½ tsp Salt
1 tbsp Ground cinnamon
1 cup Milk
1/3 cup Melted butter
2 large Apples (peeled and grated)
Ingredients for Crumble Topping:
½ cup All purpose flour
½ cup Brown sugar
¼ cup Butter
½ tsp Ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, mix together sugar, flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, mix together the egg, milk and melted butter.
- Combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Add grated apples and mix.
- Line a greased loaf pan or cake tin with parchment paper and pour in the batter.
- In another bowl, combine all the ingredients for the crumble topping and mix until you get a crumb texture.
- Sprinkle crumble over the loaf.
- Bake in a 350˚F oven until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Cool and enjoy.
- Substitute apples for pears if desired.
- Can be served warm with ice cream or enjoy at room temperature as a breakfast loaf or coffee cake.
Discover our Restaurants and Menus
Wine, dine, and indulge in unforgettable cuisine at your favourite Vintage Hotel