Embark on the perfect Ontario vacation by visiting Niagara-on-the-Lake, the Niagara Benchlands and Caledon, Ontario. These blooming regions are conveniently located only an hour or so away from many of Ontario’s major cities. Yet, with their alluring landscapes, rich histories, and farm-to-table flavours, these destinations feel worlds away. Plan your getaway to Ontario’s best places to visit and curate a vacation you will never forget.
Experience Summer in Niagara-on-the-Lake
Niagara-on-the-Lake offers a true mosaic of activities and sceneries that are well-suited to guests of every age. From a flair for the theatrical through to many of Canada’s best wineries, this heritage town is ripe with lively events as well as respites for relaxation. One of the best features of Niagara-on-the-Lake is that so many of its best qualities are within walking distance or a short drive. This is especially true when you stay at one of our hotels, either in the heart of our heritage town or just moments from the region’s finest wineries.
Must-do Activities While visiting Niagara-on-the-Lake:
- Hop aboard the Wine Trolley Signature Trio Tour to visit local wineries
- Take in a show for the SHAW Festival
- Eat at an award-winning restaurant (there are more world-renowned menus than we can mention!)
- Take a walk down memory lane at a historic monument (e.g., Fort George or Brock’s Monument)
- Breathe in the great outdoors while walking through The Gardens at Pillar and Post or Queenston Heights Park
- Feel like royalty while taking a carriage or indulging in Afternoon Tea at Prince of Wales
- Experience tranquil spa treatments at the luxurious spas in Niagara-on-the-Lake
- Take in the sights and sounds of the town, and enjoy a cocktail on of the many spectacular patios in Niagara-on-the-Lake.
See the Stunning Landscapes in Caledon, Ontario
Caledon makes for the perfect upscale country retreat. With awe-inspiring rolling hills, a rushing waterfall and endless lush trails, this is the perfect location for a low-key, high taste getaway. Less than an hour from Toronto, Caledon makes for an easy and elegant weekend trip to celebrate any occasion or simply unwind in a serene setting. Bring your appetite and your bike to enjoy every plate and pathway this hidden gem has to offer.
Top Summer Experiences for your Caledon Escape:
- Allow yourself to be pampered within Millcroft Inn & Spa
- Get your heartbeat up biking, hiking or partaking in lawn sports surrounded by gigantic trees and expansive green spaces
- Lounge by Millcroft Inn & Spa’s outdoor pool, take a polar dip or melt your cares away in the hot spring pools
- Head out on one of the challenging and visually captivating golf courses nearby
- Shop local boutiques and admire local artists in and around Alton Mill Art Centre
Delight in the Quiet Beauty of the Niagara Benchlands
From wineries to waterfalls, the Niagara Benchlands are a picturesque retreat from the hustle and bustle of nearby Toronto and Niagara Falls. The Benchlands seamlessly combines the old-fashioned with sophisticated modern to deliver a vacation experience that is as timeless as it is relaxing. Experience all the very best wine country has to offer with a much more laidback sense of luxury.
Ways to Spend your Days in the Niagara Benchlands
- Enjoy a locally crafted cocktail and take in the sights of downtown on a peaceful patio located just steps from Inn on the Twenty
- Visit Ball’s Falls Conservation Area to see one of the most beautiful waterfalls in Ontario
- Embark on an easy and flavourful day while learning about local viticulture at nearby wineries or while exploring craft breweries and distilleries
- Cycle, hike, swim, paddleboard or canoe at Charles Daley Park or in the Jordan Harbour
- Shop for one-of-a-kind items within Jordan Village
The Greatest Summer Destinations in Ontario Await
Make every Ontario season a little more special by visiting Niagara-on-the-Lake, the Niagara Benchlands or the Hills of the Headwaters. Plan your in-province summer getaway to get the very best out of our region and your experience while visiting. From fine dining to impeccable accommodations, we are here to ensure your escape to Ontario’s best destinations is truly sensational.