Indulge in the irresistible flavors of Executive Chef Nicolas Petitjean exquisite Foie Gras accompanied by a luscious blueberry marmalade.
Leave a lasting impression at your next dinner party with this elegant dish!
Foie Gras with Cognac Blueberry Marmalade, and Carrots
Serves 4 people
400 g Foie Gras
250 g Blueberries
30 g Shallots
30 g Butter
50 g Cognac
25 g Kosher salt
10 g Extra virgin olive oil
5 g Black pepper
12 g Edible pansies
200 g Carrots
- Wash and peel the carrots, and add to a pot of boiling water. Blanch carrots until tender.
- Once cooled, add the carrots to a pan and sauté with butter. Season to taste.
- To create the cognac blueberry marmalade, dice into cubes and add the shallots to pot and cook until they are transparent in color.
- Flambé the shallots with cognac, and add the blueberries to the mixture.
- Cook over a low heat until the marmalade binds together. Season to taste.
- Cut the foie gras into four portions, then scored them.
- Season with salt and black pepper then seared both sides.
- Baste the foie gras using the fate in the pan for one minute on each side.
- Remove from the pan and let rest for two minutes.
- Plate as the picture shown.
Discover our Restaurants and Menus
Wine, dine, and indulge in unforgettable cuisine at your favourite Vintage Hotel