Whether you’re looking to sip your way through wine country or spend the day dipping between salt water and hot springs pools, Vintage Hotels has you covered with outstanding must-visit destinations, just a short trip outside the city. Plan your next vacation to Niagara-on-the-Lake, the Niagara Benchlands or Caledon, Ontario and discover the potential for luxurious relaxation and natural wonder right in your own backyard. When visiting these spectacular nearby places, book your stay at a Vintage Hotels property to elevate your access to a wide range of superior amenities and luxury accommodations.
Escape to Niagara-on-the-Lake
Located less than an hour and a half from Toronto, Niagara-on-the-Lake is the quintessential Ontario getaway destination. Full to the brim with activities, regardless of when you choose to visit, Niagara-on-the-Lake has so much to offer to visitors of all ages. From its rich history to its awe-inspiring architecture and charm, this weekend getaway spot will check off all your must-haves when planning a charming and relaxing escape from the city limits.
Retreat and Relax at our Niagara-on-the-Lake Hotels
Within the heart of Niagara-on-the-Lake, you will find three Vintage Hotels properties where you can stay, spa, and dine. Choose from the Victorian-inspired Prince of Wales hotel, where the gorgeous chandeliers, gold paneling, and unique historical elements abound. Alternatively, emulate the class and sophistication within the Georgian-styled Queen’s Landing . Or surround yourself with Tuscan wine country luxury at Pillar and Post – with Niagara-on-the-Lake’s only heated outdoor pool.
Best Weekend Activities in Niagara-on-the-Lake
While staying with us in wine country, there is so much to see and do. While, of course, you can choose to lounge by the pools with a cocktail and book, you also have the option to explore all of these wonderful activities and events:
- Visit nearby wineries on the Vintage Hotels Wine Trolley Tour
- Explore historical and natural landmarks, such as Queenston Heights Park, Fort George and the Niagara River Recreation Trail
- Book a spa treatment at 100 Fountain Spa or Secret Garden Spa
- Walk into town to explore countless boutiques and picturesque cafes
- Enjoy a regal trip back in time with a horse-drawn carriage ride
- Take in thousands of blooms while walking in The Gardens at Pillar and Post
Enjoy a Weekend Away in the Niagara Benchlands
The Niagara Benchlands are quickly becoming one of the most sought-after getaway destinations near Toronto. Renowned for its captivating natural beauty, the Benchlands – or Twenty Valley – are ripe with beautiful wineries and a farm-to-table approach to food that captures the true essence of our region’s vibrancy. Within the quiet – yet certainly not sleepy – town of Jordan, which is only an hour and 40 minutes from Toronto, you will discover a different side of wine country. Whether you want to see the village lit up with Christmas lights and cheer, or you are visiting us during the warmer months when the vineyards are gloriously green, the Niagara Benchlands offer a level of diverse experiences that make it the perfect destination all year round.
Spend a Night in Twenty Valley
Located at the centre of the charisma and character of Jordan Village, Inn On The Twenty is an idyllic hotel that boasts the architectural details of more than 100 years of upscale escapism. Home to both an award-winning restaurant and client-preferred spa, Inn On The Twenty – and the experiences it offers – have been carefully curated to appeal to individuals with discerning taste (in both senses of the word!). Choose from any one of our gorgeous and spacious suites and spend a night or luxury weekend away without having to book a flight!
Top Weekend Activities in the Niagara Benchlands
When you are not indulging in your sophisticated hideaway suite, you can explore the wonder of the Niagara Benchlands and its fantastic amenities by partaking in any (or all) of the following activities:
- Enjoy a few snacks at the Upper Canada Cheese shop, Grand Oak Culinary Market and 13th Street Bakery prior to your fine dining experience at Inn On The Twenty Restaurant
- Shop for yourself or find the perfect gift for a loved one at the Heritage Gift Shop, Cherry Lane or many other elevated and eclectic shops
- Take in a truly cinematic view at Ball’s Falls Conservation Area, where you will find one of Ontario’s most incredible waterfalls
- Visit local vineyards and breweries to taste your way through a selection of viticultural and brewing creativity
- Bring your golf clubs and play a round – or three – at the prestigious golf and country clubs nearby
Enjoy a Quiet Weekend in Caledon, Ontario
With only an hour and 20 minutes between Toronto and the perfect Caledon escape, we highly recommend adding this town and its rolling green landscapes to your next staycation. Caledon offers an impressive combination of natural intrigue, arts and culture as well as wining and dining that will impress all of our revered guests. Perfect for those who appreciate nature throughout every season, this Ontario destination will open your mind to everything quiet refinement can offer.
As soon as you drive into Caledon, you will be struck by its lush rolling hills and the wide array of attractions that fit snugly within its picturesque town. While the area is quite quaint, there is no lack of opportunity to shop, taste and experience the passion that lives and grows here.
Find Peace and Relaxation at Millcroft Inn & Spa
Nestled in Caledon, you will find one of the most unique vacation destinations in Ontario. Millcroft Inn & Spa is a hotel that offers an abundance of on-site amenities, all with an added degree of exclusivity and sophistication that you will be hard-pressed to find elsewhere. Complete with stunning walking trails, a rushing waterfall, an upscale spa and a sensational fine dining restaurant, Millcroft Inn & Spa makes it so you never have to leave the property to experience the very best of our region. However, if you decide to venture out, you will find many enjoyable and memorable experiences close by.
Must-Do Activities in Caledon, Ontario
- Indulge in a great breakfast, lunch or foodie shopping experience at any one of the local farmer’s markets where our artisans and agriculturalists put all their hard work on display
- Treat your inner historian by hitting up an antique market or going to the Dufferin County Museum and Archives
- Go golfing at any one of the four nearby courses
- Invigorate your creative imagination by taking in a play at the Theatre Orangeville, exploring Dragonfly Arts on Broadway or visiting the Alton Mill Art Centre
- See the very best that Mother Nature has to offer via the Terra Cotta Conversation Area, Forks of the Credit Provincial Park or Glen Haffy Conservation Area
Book Your Weekend Getaway Near Toronto
Choose whichever destination best aligns with your vision for the perfect Ontario vacation. Know that wherever you choose to stay, you will be greeted by helpful staff, decadent dishes, thoughtfully created cocktails and an array of amenities that have secured our hotels a superior reputation for service and accommodations. We look forward to showing you all that Ontario has to offer, so you can feel worlds away from Toronto without having to deal with the hassle of a long travel day.