Looking for a thoughtful gift for the Mother’s who love to work in their garden? Get creative for this year’s Mother’s Day gift and make mom some lovely leaf stepping stones for her garden compliments of Clippings Floral Design.
What you will need
🌷 Fine Concrete mix
🌷 Bucket or wheelbarrow
🌷 Cardboard or tarp
🌷 Cooking oil
🌷 Rubber Gloves
🌷 Large fresh leaf (rhubarb or hosta leaves work well)
How to Assemble
- Gather a few nice large leaves that have no tears or holes.
- Prepare your work area by putting down a piece of cardboard or tarp on a flat surface.
- Gather your tools.
- Mix a small amount of concrete as per manufactures instructions.
- Place the leaf on your work surface and cover the top of the leaf with cooking oil.
- Wearing rubber gloves, place concrete onto the leaf.
- Shape it to the edges of the leaf and press down to ensure no air bubbles in the concrete and a good impression.
- Your leaf should be about 1.5-2” thick.
- Let concrete dry completely then flip over and remove leaf to expose the pattern.
- Mom will love her new garden décor made with love!
For more gardening and floral design tips from Clipping’s visit https://bit.ly/3PfF3P2