For select weekends this winter, taste your way around our Gardens as we celebrate Canada’s favourite vineyards. At Vintage Hotels, we pride ourselves on creating truly unique experiences for our esteemed guests. We achieve this by combining our region’s finest ingredients, upscale amenities and a little (or a lot of) imagination. Join us for the perfect example of this award-winning combination during February’s Sip & Savour event in our winter gardens. This unique experience taking place on Friday, February 24th and Saturday, February 25th, 2023, will include skating, and of course, delicious local wines.
Warm up to winter during your stay with Vintage Hotels
With your Sip & Savour passport, you will have the unique opportunity to try wines, beers and whisky cream from Niagara’s most sought-after winemakers and brew masters, all in one convenient – and gorgeously designed – location. Those attending will receive six drink and six food tickets to enjoy the flavours of Niagara-on-the-Lake.
Our newly landscaped Gardens at Pillar and Post are truly a sight to behold. They have already become one of Ontario’s favourite special event venues, welcoming the most sophisticated guests from near and far. Regardless of what Old Man Winter brings our region that day, we promise you will be warmed by the gardens’ Monet-inspired landscapes, the romantic glow of a crackling fire and, of course, the culinary bites and wines.
Sample the best of Niagara Vineyards this Season
The Sip & Savour passport allows you to enjoy six samples of Niagara-on-the-Lake local favourite wines, beers and whiskies from these friends of Vintage Hotels:
- Bella Terra Vineyards pouring Bella Terra Fumé Blanc, Bella Terra Red, Bella Terra Sparkling Brut
- Cave Spring Vineyard pouring Dolomite Riesling and Dolomite Cabernet Franc
- Château des Charmes pouring 2020 Pinot Noir
- Queenston Mile Vineyard pouring Mile High Sparkling
- The Exchange Brewery pouring Gluten Free Saison, Je Ne Sais Quoi Belgium Pale Ale, Fiore Italian Pilsner
- The Hare Wine Co. pouring 2021 ‘Haretage’ Cabernet Sauvignon
- Sue-Ann Staff Estate Winery pouring 2019 Gritstone Cabernet
- Wayne Gretzky Estates pouring Gretzky Cream
Don’t forget about the perfect wintertime plates from our local partners!
A true Niagara tasting would not be complete without local farm-to-table ingredients, so naturally, all the drinks you taste will be perfectly paired with delightful culinary bites from our local Niagara-on-the-Lake restaurants. The Sip & Savour passport allows you to enjoy six samples from the following partners:
- Yellow Curry with vegetables from Niagara’s Finest Thai
- Chili Con Carne from Zee’s Grill
- Yaki Tori (Chicken Skewers) from Masaki Sushi
- Puff Pastry stuffed with pork, caramelized onions, and thyme with gruyere cheese sauce from Inn on the Twenty Restaurant
- Cottage Pork Pie with late-harvest mustard from Noble Restaurant
- Mushrooms on Toast with blue cheese crème fraiche from Tiara Restaurant
- Maple Rum Raisin Bread with warm caramel sauce from Cannery Restaurant
Additional treats and beverages will also be available from The Outpost, our outdoor, all-season café.the Friday February 24th and Saturday February 25th
Not Staying with Us? There is Still a Place by The Fire for You to Sip & Savour!
A limited number of Sip and Savour passports are available for our local community as well as guests staying at other hotels for the Friday, February 24th and Saturday, February 25th event. Passports for the Sip & Savour event can be reserved for available dates for $85.00 per person and can be purchased by calling 1-888-669-5566.
- How often are the Sip & Savour Events held in Niagara-on-the-Lake?
Organized by Vintage Hotels, this signature event takes place several times a year in the spring, fall, and winter. Whether you prefer a fine wine among the spring blooms in our gardens or sitting by the fire in cooler weather, this event will impress in every season.
- What is included in the Winter Sip & Savour Package?
We have designed this package with you in mind. When you book the Sip & Savour Package, you will get to spend the night in luxury overnight accommodations at any of the Vintage Hotels locations within Niagara-on-the-Lake.
The Sip & Savour Package will include your winter soiree passport, which means each registered guest will receive six beverage and six food vouchers to redeem during their wintertime stroll. Alongside your exclusive access to the Monet-inspired gardens, you will get a keepsake Vintage Hotels’ glass to commemorate your “travels”.
- When are the Winter Sip and Savour Events?
Guests who are staying at any of our Vintage Hotels during the following dates are welcome to take part in the festivities: Friday February 24th and Saturday February 25th 2023. To ensure you get to partake in this tasty winter expedition, book your stay – and your spot – today!
Redeem your food and drink vouchers anytime between 4:00 and 8:00 p.m. on the Friday or from 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. on the Saturday of the event weekend in which you’ve booked your stay. You are also welcome to purchase additional vouchers when you come to visit us!
- How much do the Sip & Savour Niagara Packages cost?
The cost of your particular package will depend on which hotel you choose to stay in and which room you feel best aligns with your preferences. However, regardless of whether you choose to stay at Queen’s Landing, Prince of Wales or Pillar & Post, you will get to enjoy all the benefits listed in the “What is included in the Sip & Savour Package?” section of the FAQ. Starting prices, before tax, are included here.
- Can you purchase only a “Sip & Savour Passport”?
Yes. A limited number of Sip and Savour Passports are available to those who have booked another package and to local residents. The cost for the passport is $85.00. They can be purchased directly by calling 1-888-669-5566.
- Is there parking available nearby?
Yes, complimentary parking is included, and you will find parking lots conveniently located at your specific Vintage Hotel. You can easily access transportation to the gardens, located closest to our Pillar & Post property, or you can drive and there is a parking lot adjacent to Pillar & Post available for your use.
- Can I bring my own drinks, snacks and food in The Gardens at Pillar and Post?
The Gardens are a private, licensed space and no outside Food & Beverage will be permitted.
- Can I bring my pet to the Sip & Savour event?
The Gardens will not be accessible to pets visiting with their owners. May we recommend the Commons as a suitable walking area for your pet.
- Is smoking and/or vaping permitted in The Gardens?
The Garden is a non-smoking environment.
- Will the skating rink be available during the event?
Yes, skating will be permitted on our outdoor skating rink during the Sip and Savour event. Skate rentals are available at The Outpost for a cost of $5.00.
Join us in Niagara-on-the-Lake for an unforgettable winter escape
Canada is renowned for its winters and Canadians are celebrated for our resilience. So, after much ado and many complicated months, why not reclaim the beauty of the season and spend time with the people you love. Smile, sip, savour and escape to the beauty of Niagara-on-the-Lake by booking this thoughtfully curated package and planning your getaway to one of the Canada’s boldest culinary destinations.