Embrace fall decorating season and transform your dining room with this tiered, statement making harvest centerpiece. You’ll use pine cones, oranges, Kumquats and fresh greenery to create a centrepiece that promises a cozy and beautiful dining experience. This fall décor idea is compliments of Clippings Floral Design.
What you will need
🍂 3 baskets, small, medium, large
🍂 Clear thick plastic
🍂 Pine cones
🍂 Fresh greenery
🍂 Fresh floral foam
🍂 Wood skewers
🍂 Floral wire
How to Assemble
- Cut and line each basket with thick clear plastic. Garbage bags will work. This is to prevent water from escaping out of the baskets.
- Soak floral foam in a sink of water until foam is thoroughly wet.
- Fill each basket with floral foam and stack baskets on top of each other, largest to smallest as pictured.
- Start by preparing all the elements that you will be using in your arrangements.
- Firstly, make pomander balls with your cloves and oranges. Simply insert whole cloves into a fresh orange in a pleasing pattern. Then insert a wooden skewer into the base of the orange leaving about 2” sticking out. This is what will be used to secure the oranges into your arrangement.
- If your kumquats came on stems, the stems can be used to secure the kumquats, however if they have no stems insert skewers like with oranges.
- Using floral wire, wire the pine cones onto a skewer.
- Cut greens into 5-6” pieces.
- Now to assemble your arrangement start by inserting the candle in the top middle piece of foam.
- Next insert greenery, cones, oranges and kumquats until all the foam on all three layers is covered.
- Finally add some water to each layer to keep your greenery fresh and voila you have a beautiful autumn centerpiece!
For more gardening and floral design tips from Clipping’s visit https://bit.ly/3PfF3P2