Add some extra cheer to your Christmas with these fun and festive holiday cocktail recipes to enjoy compliments of Tiara Restaurant at Queen’s Landing, Noble Restaurant at Prince of Wales, Inn On The Twenty Restaurant at Inn On The Twenty and Headwaters Restaurant at Millcroft Inn & Spa.
Gingerbread White Russian
Compliments of Tiara Restaurant at Queen’s Landing
This flavourful cocktail puts a Christmas twist on the classic White Russian. With a homemade cinnamon clove simple syrup and a rim of crushed gingerbread, cinnamon and sugar you can’t help but feel the spirit of the season while you sip away.
1 1/2 oz Brandy
1/2 oz Frangelico
3/4 cup Sugar
1 1/3 cup Water
1 tsp whole Cloves
1 Cinnamon Stick
1 – 2 oz Cinnamon Clove simple syrup
1 – 2 oz heavy Cream
Gingerbread/Cinnamon & Sugar for the rim
Cinnamon Clove Simple Syrup:
- In a medium pot, combine 1 1/3 cups water, sugar, cloves and cinnamon stick. Bring to a boil over high heat stirring continuously until sugar dissolves. Boil 3-5 minutes, then remove from the heat. Let cool completely.
Gingerbread White Russian:
- Fill a glass with ice. Add the Brandy, Frangelico, and cinnamon clove simple syrup. Stir gently. Add the heavy cream and stir to combine. Use crushed up gingerbread along with cinnamon & sugar to rim the glass and with Garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon and nutmeg.
Winter Festive Fizz
Compliments of Churchill Lounge at Prince of Wales
This elegant cocktail from Churchill Lounge will get you into the holiday spirit with fresh and fruity flavours combined with a splash of Prosseco. Top with raspberries, pomegranate and a sprig of rosemary and then sit back and sip in style!
1 oz Vodka
1 oz Pama pomegranate liqueur
1/2 oz Cointreau
1 oz Cranberry Juice
1 oz Simple Syrup
1/2 oz fresh Lemon Juice
Prosecco to top
- Place first 5 ingredients into a shaker filled with ice.
- Rim glass with fine sugar by first moistening rim with lemon slice.
- Shake for 30 seconds and strain contents into a coupe glass.
- Top with prosecco, garnish with pomegranate seeds and serve.
Blood Orange Spritz
Compliments of Inn On The Twenty Restaurant at Inn On The Twenty
A Christmas time twist on summers favourite refreshing cocktail. With this festive recipe you simply substitute soda for a tangy blood Orange juice and enjoy!
1/2 oz blood Orange Juice
1/2 oz Aperol
In a champagne flute, add the blood orange juice and Aperol. Top with your favourite sparkling wine and garnish with a blood orange.
Mistletoe Christmas Martini
Compliments of Headwaters Restaurant at Millcroft Inn & Spa
Toast to a holiday season with the ones you love with Millcroft’s Mistletoe Christmas Martini. This martini blends sweet and sour flavours with a hint of cherry brand for a delightfully festive cocktail. Make sure to check out Millcroft on social media for their Martini Friday cocktail series!
1 1/2 oz Vodka
0.75 oz Cherry Brandy
Juice of 1 lime
- Rim a martini glass with sugar.
- Fill your cocktail shaker halfway with ice and pour in the ingredients.
- Shake until chilled and strain the mixture into the martini glass.
- Garnish with two raspberries and a sprig of rosemary.