This winter, we look forward to welcoming you to the Ice Rink in The Gardens at Pillar and Post to enjoy our beautiful grounds, to skate on our 120 x 60 ice rink and to enjoy the signature food and beverage options at The OutPost.
The skating rink is free to hotel guests of Vintage Hotels and Niagara’s Finest Hotels, as well as, the general public. The Ice Rink is now open for you to skate, glide and enjoy weather dependent, please visit this page often or our Facebook page for ongoing rink updates.
We look forward to seeing the families, children and everyone in the community getting outside in this safe space to skate and to celebrate what winter has to offer.
The Ice Rink at Pillar and Post Hours
Please note: based on ice conditions and weather, the rink will periodically closed for cleaning throughout the day, typically at 3:00 p.m. Cleaning time is approximately 30 – 60 minutes.
Ice Rink Operational Hours
Approximate hours (subject to change)
- Monday – Thursday: 11:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Friday – Saturday: 11:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Sunday: 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Friday, February 4: 3:00 p.m. – close
- Saturday, February 5: 12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
* Additional black-out dates may apply.
Skate rentals are available through The OutPost for $5.00, rentals are limited and guests of The Gardens are encouraged to bring their own skates whenever possible. Helmets are required for all skaters under the age of 12, helmet rentals are available and are free.
Ice Rink FAQ and Rules
- What is the cost of the Ice Rink?
There is no cost to use the Ice Rink in The Gardens at Pillar and Post. The rink is free to hotels guests and the greater community. Skate rentals however are $5.00.
- Are masks required to skate?
Yes, masks will be required while on the ice when physical distancing cannot be maintained.
- Is there parking available near by?
Yes, complimentary parking is available at the Ice Rink. The parking lot is located adjacent to The Gardens at Pillar and Post.
- Can I bring my own drinks, snacks and food in The Gardens?
The Gardens are a private, licensed space and no outside Food & Beverage will be permitted.
- Can I bring my pet to The Gardens and the Ice Rink?
The Gardens will not be accessible to pets visiting with their owners. May we recommend the Commons as a suitable walking area for your pet.
- Can I bring hockey sticks and equipment?
No hockey sticks, pucks or balls will be allowed on the ice. Skating aids for children are permitted, you must bring your own.
- Is smoking or vaping permitted in The Gardens?
The Garden is a non-smoking environment.
- How do I know if the rink is open today?
We will announce daily rink updates on our Facebook page.
- Is there a time limit for skating?
At this time there are no time limits for skating.
- Are we able to reserve a specific time to skate?
No, skating reservation times are not taken at this time.
- How many pairs of skates do you have available for rental and what size skates are available?
We offer a variety of skate sizes for mainly children and with some adult sizes however they are very limited. We highly recommend you bring your own skates.
- Are we able to rent the ice?
No, the ice is not available to rent. Though it may be reserved at specific times for hotel events.
- Are we required to show vaccination status?
No, you are not required to show your vaccination status.
- When is the rink busy?
The rink is busy from open until close on Saturday and Sunday. On weekdays the rink is typically busy upon opening, quieter through the day and busy again from 5:00 p.m. – close.
The OutPost at Pillar and Post
The OutPost, the resident café in The Gardens, will be open the following hours serving you up tasty snacks, sandwiches and hot and cold beverages, to view the full menu please click here.
Outdoor seating and fire pits will be available throughout The Gardens.
- Sunday – Thursday: 12:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Friday – Saturday: 12:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
We are excited to share this beautiful space and new Ice Rink with visitors to Niagara-on-the-Lake as well as our hotels guests. To start planning a winter getaway with Vintage Hotels, please visit our Hotel Packages page here.