End your fall dinner party or Thanksgiving feast on a sweet note with these delicious pumpkin desserts. A great way to enjoy pumpkin this autumn.
Pumpkin Panna Cotta
Yields 4 – 6 Servings
1 can (14 oz) Coconut milk
¼ cup Maple syrup
¼ cup Pumpkin purée
½ tbsp Pumpkin pie spice
1 tbsp Agar-agar
1 tsp Vanilla
- Pour a can of coconut milk into a medium sauce pan. Sift agar-agar powder into the coconut milk while whisking constantly.
- Add rest of the ingredients to the coconut milk and mix together.
- Place the sauce pan on the stove on medium heat, whisk constantly.
- Let the mixture come to slow boil and then take it off the heat.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Pour mixture into ramekins or any molds you desire and place in freezer until set (approximately 6 hours).
- Demold from molds and enjoy with candied nuts and maple syrup.
- This mix can also be made and poured into wine glasses or shot glasses so there is no need to demold it and can be served right in the glass or bowl.
- For a less firmer texture you can add ½ tbsp of agar-agar.
- To demold the panna cotta from ramekins, place the bottom of the ramekin in hot water for a couple minutes. This should help loosen the panna cotta and help it slide out.
Makes one loaf
3 cup Sugar
1 cup Vegetable oil
2/3 cup Water
1 can (15 oz) Pumpkin purée
2 tsp ground Ginger
1 tsp ground All spice
1 tsp ground Cinnamon
1 tsp ground Cloves
3 1/2 cup All purpose flour
2 tsp Baking Soda
1 1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Baking powder
- Combine sugar, oil and eggs and beat until smooth. Add Water and beat until well blended.
- Stir in pumpkin and all of the spices.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, soda, salt and baking powder. Add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture and blend until all ingredients are mixed.
- Place in desired baking pan and bake at 350 degrees for about an hour.
- Test it with toothpick – if it comes out clean – done!
1 ½ cup Icing sugar (sifted)
2 tbsp Maple syrup
1-3 tsp Water
- Combine icing sugar and syrup. If mixture is dry, add water until semi-thick paste. Should be able to brush onto loaf.
- Brush onto slightly cooled loaf. Let sit until glaze is dry.
Pumpkin Pistachio Breakfast Bread
Serves 12 people
1 1/2 cup Butter, softened
1 1/2 cup Sugar
3 large Eggs
3 cup All purpose flour
2 tsp Baking powder
1/2 tsp Baking soda
3/4 tsp Salt
1 1/2 tsp ground Cinnamon
1 tsp ground Ginger
1/2 tsp ground Cloves
1 1/2 cup Pumpkin purée
1cup Raisins (optional)
1 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
1 cup Pistachio nuts (cut up)
3 oz (1/2 pkg) Cream cheese at room temp
1 cup Icing sugar (sifted)
2 tbsp Milk
- Cream the butter and sugar together. Add eggs one at a time, beating until blended after each addition.
- Sift all dry ingredients together, add to butter mixture alternatively with pumpkin purée. Beginning and ending with flour.
- Stir raisons and vanilla extract into batter and spread into desired pan (13″ x 9″ OR 3 loaf pans)
- Sprinkle cut up pistachios onto cake and bake at 350 F for approx 35-45 minutes depending on oven and pan size. Let Cool.
- For the icing, blend all ingredients until smooth and drizzle over room temperature cake.
Discover our Restaurants and Menus
Wine, dine, and indulge in unforgettable cuisine at your favourite Vintage Hotel