Celebrate the holidays with friends, family and these festive recipes… what could be merrier than that? Add some extra cheer to your Holiday party this year with a cocktail that will brand you the ultimate Christmas host and don’t forget the sweet stuff! Cookies are a Christmas staple, whether you’re making them for a party, Santa, or just a cozy night in by the fireplace, there’s always a reason to whip up a batch of cookies during the holidays.
Enjoy these delicious Holiday recipes compliments of Inn On The Twenty Restaurant at Inn On The Twenty, and Cannery Restaurant at Pillar and Post.
Cranberry Orange Shortbread with White Chocolate and Pistachio Drizzle
Compliments of Pastry Chef Clyde Pereira from Inn On The Twenty Restaurant at Inn On The Twenty
Yields 16 Cookies
1 cup Unsalted butter
¾ cup Icing sugar
½ tsp Vanilla
¼ tsp Salt
2 cups All purpose flour
½ cup dried Cranberries
- Mix the butter and icing sugar in a bowl until combined.
- Zest an orange an add it to the butter mixture.
- Add vanilla, salt and combine.
- Add all the flour and mix until just combined.
- Mix in dried cranberries.
- Roll dough on a floured surface to ¼ inch thickness. Cut with a cookie cutter of your choice and place on a flat baking tray.
- Bake in 350˚F oven for 10 – 12 minutes or until cookies start turning a little color on the edges.
- Let cookies cool and decorate with white chocolate and pistachios if desired.
- Do not over mix the butter and sugar as this will make the cookies spread and not hold their shape.
- If the dough is too soft, chill the dough in the fridge for 20 minutes before rolling.
- If you do not like the taste of orange or cranberry they can be substituted or omitted all together.
Flannel Shirt Weather Daiquiri
A tropical daiquiri with a flourish of festive spices. Compliments of Food & Beverage Manager Stephen McGaw from Cannery Restaurant at Pillar and Post.
2 oz of Bacardi White Rum
¾ oz Spiced simple syrup (see recipe below)
¾ oz fresh Grapefruit juice
½ oz fresh Lime juice
Garnish with either dehydrated lime wheel or star anise
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker.
- Add ice to shaker and shake until well chilled.
- Strain into a coupe glass and garnish with either a dehydrated lime wheel or star anise.
- This is delicious served straight up or on the rocks!
Ingredients for Spiced Simple Syrup:
1 cup Sugar
1 cup Water
1 Cinnamon stick broken up
4 All spice pods or ¾ teaspoon ground
2 cloves whole 1 Star anise
- Combine the sugar and water in saucepan.
- Add the spices.
- Turn the heat on low and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove the star anise and turn the heat down.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and let it sit to infuse for at least 30 minutes.
- Strain, bottle and store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Discover our Restaurants and Menus
Wine, dine, and indulge in unforgettable cuisine at your favourite Vintage Hotel