Put some extra cheer in the holiday season with these delicious and festive cocktails! Vintage Hotels’ mixologists are masters at creating delicious cocktails for every season. Make your own at home with holiday cocktail recipes compliments of our Food & Beverage teams at Tiara Restaurant at Queen’s Landing, Cannery Restaurant at Pillar & Post, and Noble Restaurant at Prince of Wales.
This delicious winter margarita is refreshing and includes fun, fall flavours! Made with Gold Tequila, Triple Sec, pomegranate juice, cranberry juice and cinnamon syrup, this cocktail should be served with a salt rim and garnished with rosemary and candied cranberries.
1.5 oz Tequila
0.5 oz Triple sec
1 oz Pomegranate juice
2 oz Cranberry juice
1 oz Cinnamon syrup
Candied cranberries & torched rosemary tips
- Combine all ingredients into a Boston shaker filled with ice and shake vigorously for 10 to 15 seconds.
- Double strain ingredients into a salt rimmed rocks glass filled all the way with ice.
- Garnish with candied cranberries on a skewer with rosemary.
Light the tip of the rosemary on fire but smother the flame so only a little smoke is coming off the charred tip for a wonderful aromatic as it is delivered to your guest.
Apple Pie Sangria
This amazing apple pie flavoured sangria will remind you of grandma’s home-made apple pie. It is a delicious mixture of sparkling wine, apple brandy, apple cider, cinnamon syrup and ginger ale and a special tribute to the wonderful bounty of the Niagara region! Finish this cocktail off with a cinnamon sugar rim and local Niagara apple slices.
1 oz. Calvados
4 oz Sparkling wine
1 oz Apple cider
Ginger ale (to top)
Cinnamon sugar rim
- Rim a red burgundy glass with cinnamon sugar and fill with ice.
- Pour in calvados then add the apple cider, sparkling wine and top with ginger ale.
- Sprinkle cinnamon on top of drink and garnish with a fanned apple slice skewer.
Sweater Weather Daiquiri
Sweater Weather Daiquiri is a nod to a tropical daiquiri but with a flourish of festive spices. This cocktail can also be enjoyed straight up or on the rocks.
2 oz of Bacardi white rum
¾ oz Spiced simple syrup (see recipe below)
¾ oz Fresh grapefruit juice
½ oz Fresh lime juice
Garnish with either dehydrated lime wheel or star anise
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker
- Add ice to shaker and shake until well chilled
- Strain into a coupe glass and garnish with either a dehydrated lime wheel or star anise.
Ingredients for Spiced Simple Syrup:
1 cup Sugar
1 cup Water
1 Cinnamon stick broken up
4 Allspice pods or ¾ teaspoon ground
2 Cloves, whole
1 Star anise
- Combine the sugar and water in saucepan.
- Add the spices.
- Turn the heat on low and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove the star anise and turn the heat down.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and let it sit to infuse for at least 30 minutes.
- Strain, bottle and store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Nutcracker Espresso Martini
This Espresso-based cocktail is strong, sweet, and delicious! In the signature fashion of the Churchill Lounge, you’ll want to ensure a creamy, foamy top with a sprinkle of espresso beans. Cheers to the perfect after-party drink!
1oz Vanilla vodka
½ oz Frangelico (hazelnut liqueur)
¼ oz Kahlua (coffee liqueur)
¼ oz Skrewball (peanut butter whiskey)
½ oz Cardamom simple syrup
1 Fresh brewed espresso
- Rim a glass with an equal mixture of fine espresso powder, cocoa powder, and fine sugar.
- In a shaker with ice, add all the ingredients. Shake for 15 seconds.
- Strain and Pour into a martini glass.
- Garnish with 3 espresso beans.
Discover our Restaurants and Menus
Wine, dine, and indulge in unforgettable cuisine at your favourite Vintage Hotel