A holiday staple in the Queen’s Landing pastry kitchen, these chewy ginger cookies are the perfect holiday cookie to share with friends and family this season! These traditional molasses cookies deliver a kick of spicy ginger! They are crisp on the outside and soft have a soft inside texture. This recipe is courtesy of Pastry Chef Zoë Ellis from Tiara Restaurant at Queen’s Landing.
Spicy Ginger Cookies
Compliments of Pastry Chef Zoë Ellis from Tiara Restaurant at Queen’s Landing.
Yields 25 – 30 cookies
¾ cup Unsalted butter
1 cup White sugar
2 cups All purpose flour
1 tsp Baking soda
¼ tsp Salt
¾ tsp Cinnamon
1 ½ tsp Ground ginger
½ tsp Cloves
¼ cup Molasses
¼ cup – ½ cup White sugar (to roll cookies in if desired)
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add egg and molasses.
- Combine all dry ingredients and add to a mixing bowl.
- Scoop 1 oz balls and roll in the white sugar.
- Place cookies on parchment-lined baking sheet and flatten slightly.
- Bake at 350℉ for 10-15 minutes.
Discover our Restaurants and Menus
Wine, dine, and indulge in unforgettable cuisine at your favourite Vintage Hotel