A holiday staple in the Queen’s Landing pastry kitchen, these chewy ginger cookies are the perfect holiday cookie to share with friends and family this season! These traditional molasses cookies deliver a kick of spicy ginger! They are crisp on the outside and soft have a soft inside texture. This recipe is courtesy of Pastry Chef Zoë Ellis from Tiara Restaurant at Queen’s Landing.
Spicy Ginger Cookies
Yields 25 – 30 cookies
¾ cup Unsalted butter
1 cup White sugar
2 cups All purpose flour
1 tsp Baking soda
¼ tsp Salt
¾ tsp Cinnamon
1 ½ tsp Ground ginger
½ tsp Cloves
¼ cup Molasses
¼ cup – ½ cup White sugar (to roll cookies in if desired)
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add egg and molasses.
- Combine all dry ingredients and add to a mixing bowl.
- Scoop 1 oz balls and roll in the white sugar.
- Place cookies on parchment-lined baking sheet and flatten slightly.
- Bake at 350℉ for 10-15 minutes.
Discover our Restaurants and Menus
Wine, dine, and indulge in unforgettable cuisine at your favourite Vintage Hotel