Blackened salmon is made using a cooking technique where fish fillets are liberally seasoned with a Cajun spice rub then pan seared in a hot skillet until fairly well darkened (or blackened) on the exterior. It’s a quick and easy dish that packs in so many layers of well-balanced flavor. This recipe is courtesy of Executive Chef Sean Chaudier from Tiara Restaurant at Queen’s Landing. Wine pairing courtesy of Food & Beverage Outlet’s Manager Arik Harley at Queen’s Landing.
Blackened Atlantic Salmon
Serves 2 people
7 oz each (2pcs) Atlantic salmon
1 cup Cajun spice
1/3 cup Sugar
1 Avocado (mashed)
1 Tomato (small dice)
1 Onion (small dice)
1 Jalapeno (small dice)
30 ml Cilantro (chopped)
1 Lime (juice)
100 g Whole butter
20 ml Olive oil
Salt & pepper
Method for Salmon:
- Blackening mix – Mix Cajun spice with sugar.
- Coat salmon with blackening mix.
- Heat skillet on medium high heat with olive oil.
- Place salmon face down in pan and sear till golden brown then flip and continue cooking until skin starts to crisp.
- Then top salmon with butter and place salmon in oven (375˚F for 7 to10 minutes until cooked.
Method for Guacamole:
- Mix avocado, tomato, onion, jalapeno, cilantro and lime juice together.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve with seasonal vegetables or salad. Drizzle with chili oil and balsamic glaze for that finishing touch.
Wine Pairing: 2019 Bachelder “Parfum De Niagara” Pinot Noir
Compliments of Food & Beverage Outlet’s Manager Arik Harley at Queen’s Landing.
This delectable Blackened Salmon that our Executive Chef Sean Chaudier has prepared for you deserves a equally delicious wine. Thomas Bachelder is a world class travelling Winemaker that makes the best Pinot Noir in the best world locations from Oregon, France, New Zealand and right here in Niagara showcasing the regions most notable terroir! His smooth & delicious 2019 Bachelder “Parfum De Niagara” Pinot Noir is ready to drink now and would pair exquisitely with Chef’s superb Blackened Salmon.
Discover our Restaurants and Menus
Wine, dine, and indulge in unforgettable cuisine at your favourite Vintage Hotel