Yields: 3-4 Dozen
4 tbsp Butter
1 1/2 cups Sugar
8 Egg Yolks
7 cups All-purpose Flour
8 tsp Baking Powder
2 1/2 tsp Salt
2 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground Ginger
1 tsp Nutmeg
1 cup Milk
1 cup Pumpkin purée
- In a large bowl mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and spices.
- Mix together the eggs, milk, melted butter and pumpkin purée. Then the add to the dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least one hour.
- Remove your dough from the fridge and begin heating about 1″ of oil to 360F in a large metal skillet.
- Working half the dough at a time, roll it out on a floured surface to about 1/2″ thickness. Cut out circles using a doughnut cutter or large biscuit or cookie cutter. For the middle hole use a smaller cookie cutter.
- Gently drop the doughnuts in batches into the hot oil. Flip them over as they puff and turn them a couple more times as they cook. They will take about 2-3 minutes in total and will be golden brown all over.
- Remove from the oil and dip the warm doughnuts in icing sugar with a little milk added to make a thin glaze, then let cool