Create a stunning planter for mom using pansy flowers this Mother’s Day compliments of Clippings Floral Design. Pretty, perky pansy plants are one of the easiest flowers to grow. They bring bold color during cool seasons, unfolding blooms in a rainbow of hues.
What you will need
Large urn shaped planter
Pansy or any flowering plants of your choice
How to Assemble
- Fill your chosen urn with potting soil.
- Using twigs and pussy willow, bend the branches around in a circle to make a nest/wreath shape.
- Use wire to secure into the shape you want, which is slightly smaller than the circumference of the urn.
- Keep adding branches/twigs until you have a fairly substantial nest.
- If your branches are not pliable enough you may need to soak them in a tub of water for a few hours to make them more bendable.
- Place your nest/wreath on top of the soil in the urn.
- Plant your flowers in the middle of the nest/wreath.
- Depending on how tall your plants are you may need to add a bit more soil to the middle to raise it up.
- Add moss between the branches and top of urn as well as between the plants and branches for a more finished look.
Happy Mother’s Day!