Looking for a new Christmas cookie to add to your Holiday baking list? These cookies are simply delightful, take them to office parties, Christmas cookie exchanges, or serve them during your Christmas and New Year’s Day gatherings. Tender inside with a crisp sugar crunch on the top and bursts of flavour from the candied peel, this recipe is courtesy of Pastry Chef Clyde Pereira from Inn On The Twenty Restaurant at Inn On The Twenty.
Candied Peel Crumble Cookies
Compliments of Pastry Chef Clyde Pereira from Inn On The Twenty Restaurant at Inn On The Twenty.
Yields 24 cookies
¾ cup Unsalted butter
½ cup Sugar
1 ¾ cups Flour
½ cup Candied peel
¾ cup Chopped pecans
1/3 cup White chocolate chips
Icing sugar (to dust)
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Mix butter and sugar together until smooth and combined.
- Add egg and mix until combined.
- Add flour and stir gently.
- Mix in the rest of the ingredients.
- Divide batter into 24 cookies and place on baking tray a couple inches apart.
- Bake for about 12 – 15 minutes until slightly golden.
- Let cool and dust with icing sugar.
- Substitute candied peel, nuts and white chocolate for any other options if desired.
- Store in airtight container for 2-3 weeks.
- Add zest of lemon or orange to add extra flavor.
Discover our Restaurants and Menus
Wine, dine, and indulge in unforgettable cuisine at your favourite Vintage Hotel